By Mark Matteson. WICA 2016 Convention Speaker. Used with permission.
We have all the time there is.
No one has any more or any less of it. Twenty-four hours in a day; 1,440 minutes; 86,400 seconds.
Ever hear someone ask, “Do you have a second?” That usually means an hour. Why don’t we say no? The truth is, we don’t manage time. We manage activities in relation to the sands of time, dropping through our own personal hour glass.
No time? That’s a myth. Here are some other myths about time. I call them ‘Rational-Lies’. See if you are guilty of saying one or more of these excuses. I know I have.
- “I am waiting until I have more time.”
- “It (planning) doesn’t work for me.”
- “I always lose my list.”
- “I already took a time manage course (or read the book).”
- “You just can’t get organized around here.”
- “But there is nothing I can do.”
- “People keep interrupting me.”
- “Time Management is boring.”
- “Isn’t there a danger you will get so organized, you can’t get anything done?”
- “I need someone to motivate me.”
Is it time to be honest? Are you operating on a small fraction of your potential? Would you like to learn how to get twice as much done in half the time? If you answered yes, read on… Continue reading