Written by Administrator
Monday, 01 January 2007 18:00
The mission of the Western Insulation Contractors Association is to be the voice of the mechanical insulation industry. We are proactive in representing our members and are committed to increasing business opportunities for our members, associates, and affiliates through:
1. Contractor Education
2. Labor Relations
4. Networking Opportunities
The purpose of WICA is to:
- To represent the mechanical insulation industry.
- To act as its spokesman in dealing with the public, government, other associations in the construction industry, manufacturers, and labor.
- To provide for its members all the advantages of large representation and to furnish educational facilities for improving their contracting knowledge and technical capabilities.
- To serve as an information clearinghouse to keep members informed about new developments, whether they concern national policies or new opportunities in construction.
The Goals of The Western Insulation Contractors Association are:
The Western Insulation Contractors Association will endeavor to define the issues affecting our industry. The WICA will try to shape public opinion on the issues that affect the organized mechanical industry and influence the outcome of legislation for the benefit of its membership. The Western Insulation Contractors Association pledges that it will be an Association run by its members for the benefit of its members with special emphasis on the participation and service from its membership.
- Promote Partnership With The Union
- To maintain an open and regular dialogue with the Union to discuss the key issues affecting our industry, with the goal of pursuing mutually beneficial outcomes of these issues.
- Provide Superior Services To Our Members. It is the Association's ongoing task to define those services that are valuable to the members. The Association shall work to accomplish this through discussion with the membership, through surveys of the membership, and by evaluation of other Associations' efforts.
- Provide Leadership For Our Industry
To Accomplish These Goals, the Association:
- Develops educational seminars for its members to improve their capabilities in all phases of the Insulation Contracting business.
- Meets with other associations in the construction industry to attempt to resolve mutual industry problems which beset all of our members, owners, architects and engineers, and, in general, the entire construction industry.
- Assists in the development of materials and operation of programs to develop the skills of apprentices and journeymen.
- Meets with engineering societies, government agencies, other construction contractors associations and manufacturers associations to develop standards and practices leading to efficient, safe and economical installation.
Last Updated on Friday, 25 March 2011 14:47